What is a DDoS Attack?
Of all the cybersecurity threats today’s organizations face, distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks are among the most complex and devastating. When you hear about a website being “brought down by hackers,” it generally means it has become a victim of a DDoS attack. Targeting websites and online services, this type of breach involves multiple compromised systems that work together to shut down services by flooding the bandwidth with false Internet traffic.
Falling victim to a DDoS attack can cost an average of more than $2.5 million in revenue for an organization, but the consequences reach far beyond the financial impact, including:
- Loss of reputation and brand degradation due to customers becoming casualties of data breaches
- Loss of business due to unavailability of the service
- Lost customers due to inability to meet service-level agreements (SLAs)
Let Us Help You Mitigate the Risk of a DDoS Attack
DirectDefense faces attackers head on to help your organization set up a defense strategy that will prevent DDoS attacks and protect your organization. Our DDoS managed services will ensure that your organization is resistant to a DDoS attack.
- Perform a DDoS risk assessment
- Overprovision bandwidth
- Configure your network hardware against DDoS attacks
- Deploy anti-DDoS hardware and software modules
- Deploy a DDoS protection appliance
- Protect your DNS servers
- Continual monitoring and scanning for DDoS attack vulnerability
DDoS as a Managed Service Solution
Through our managed solutions, your organization can leverage our expertise and experience in DDoS. With a fully-customizable service package, you can choose the level of support that best fits your security staff’s needs and meets the operational and governance requirements of your company.